Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Soggy July 4th........

Its raining in Southeast Texas this morning. That has pretty much been the story all summer, and it has caused the bike to stay in the garage. We had planned a 50 mile loop ride through the county roads west of town this morning, but I just don't want to have to mess with (a) the wet roads and (b) the bike maintenance that would be required afterward.

My next event is the Labor Day Austin Triathlon, which is a 1500M Swim/40K Bike/10K Run. Because of our wet summer, and partly because I am more comfortable on the bike than in the water or on the hoof, I am in danger of taking the bike for granted, so I really need to get some miles under my belt.

In that vain, yesterday I borrowed a bicycle trainer from one of my partners, who is a big cyclist, but absolutely loathes the idea of stationary training. I probably won't enjoy it much either, but I guess it is a necessary evil as it will be the only option for logging miles more often than not. That and my Thursday AM Spin class that has become a "can't miss" feature of my weekly routine thanks to the outstanding instructor.


Hmmmmm, I did get a good short run in on Monday, and a quality Spin class yesterday......and my training schedule does say that today is a "rest" day..........so maybe I'll just lay low today. I hope that you find better weather wherever you are and that you are able to have an active, fun and safe 4th of July. I'll let y'all know how the maiden voyage on the trainer turns out. Hey, at least I won't have to dodge stray dogs!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Yeah it's hard to get the motivation to train in the rain.

If you end up being around Nov 11th for Woodlands it would be fun to meet ya! :)