Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello out there..........

OK, here it goes. The very uncerimonious launch of my very own little blog. I thought I would create my own little bit of space here to occassionally post an update on my progress toward Coeur d'Alene 2008.

For the 99% of you that have no clue what or where Coeur d'Alene is, it is a lake community in Idaho (about 50 miles East of Spokane, Wa.) that hosts one of the 6 official Ironman Triathlon competitions conducted in the continental United States, and being the "wannabe" that I am, I signed up for it. June 22, 2008. What the heck, I've got the better part of a year to get ready.

So the purpose of this blog (not much unlike my decision to try and do an Ironman) is selfish. I figure if I commit myself to posting info about my workouts, etc. on a blog, then I'll be more vigilant about keeping up with the workout regimen that will be required if I am going to pull this off. After all, I'd hate to let down the literal ones (I almost said "dozens", but didn't want to be presumptuous) of you that are reading these entries. So take heart.....you are my inspiration!

Well, that's enough useless information for one post. Thanks for checking in.

Scott

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Scott!

Thanks for the comment. All I did to get my blog posted on Trifuel was send them an email on their blogs page. Go here: http://blogs.trifuel.com/?page_id=616

:)
Katie

Unknown said...

Greetings!

I have you in my Google Reader now...so will keep posted too. Good luck with all of this triathlon social networking :)

Katie

Kylie said...

I can't wait to read about your training :) It's selfish, but also fun for others!